Monday, August 10, 2020

Mother’s Day 2020 / 85th Birthday Zoom Party

 

Mother’s Day 2020 / 85th Birthday Zoom Party

This is a difficult time for all of us. I really have a hard time gathering my thought to write a blog.

Mother’s Day was a nice surprise. Heidi and Bill drove 3 hours one way to spend three hours with me and feed me. Masks where in place and we kept the distance required apart. As always, cards and flowers arrived along with phone calls from my sons: Walter and Family, Neal (who joined us since he is the only son that lives in town), Paul, Rod, and Steven from England. I always feel better when everyone stays in contact. This Virus is hard to take. Some days I get really depressed and discouraged.

I am one of the lucky ones, I tested Negative; I had to be tested before Oral Surgery. Post Op is still bothering me, it has been 6 weeks now. I am working on staying positive through this pandemic that is happening in the world right now.

 

Birthday/July 15; I turned 85. Plans, of course, had to be changed from a

splashy party to a small gathering with masks and keeping our distance from each

other. We were 9 people, 5 family and 4 friends. Small but fun in spite of everything. Heidi had put a Zoom party together and that was so great. I got to see family from Europe and across the US. I had a hard time understanding everyone but they understood me and a lot of laughter was happening at my expense; it was a special event my thoughtful and beautiful daughter put together. I am so grateful to everyone who joined in I feel loved. 

 

 

Today 10 days later I am struggling with if my son Rodmond is okay. He has not communicated in 4 days. Neal usually comes by every 3 to 4 days. Heidi calls or texts. Grandkids in England and Boise Idaho also text or go on Facebook with a message. Why do I feel so sad and isolated?????

Today is a better day (July 28). My mouth is healing and Rod called in the meantime, twice. Heidi has a birthday today and I am sad that I can’t be with her. I just made a bread pudding -- my standby to have protein and dairy and starch all in one dish. Eating meat is still difficult but slowly it will happen. I never thought I would be saying I am way too thin but here it is: “I am too thin.” I feel fine but this has my Doctor concerned. Me too, ha, ha.

Yesterday, August 1, was Neal’s Birthday: 61. Boy, the years just passed us by. Neal likes Mexican food so I took him to his favorite restaurant. We sat outside and wore masks when not eating; this has become a tradition, not wearing a mask, but going to that restaurant every year for his Birthday. He mentioned yesterday that we were sitting at the same table as last year and we laughed about that. Until December I am done with my Children’s Birthday’s. Ha, ha. When you have half a dozen living children and almost 10 grandchildren it seems Birthdays are never ending, not to mention those of other family members and friends.


 

 

No comments: